carrot kernels with asparagus, a tasty and healthy vegan recipe suitable for the whole familyCarrot gnocchi with asparagus, a tasty and healthy vegan recipe suitable for the whole family
- gnocchi they are a very versatile first course. The most common recipe involves the use of potatoes, but it is possible to change it by replacing them at least half with carrots. The dough will acquire their characteristic taste.
This is a little trick to do like carrots to children, but this dish will also appeal to adults. You can dress the carrot gnocchi with your favorite homemade sauce or with seasonal vegetables. In this case we have chosen the asparagus.
Here is the recipe for prepare at home the carrot dumplings.
- 250 gr of carrots
- 250 grams of potatoes
- Whole coarse salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 500 g of asparagus
- 140 gr of wholemeal flour or 1 cup flour
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
20 + 20 minutes
- Rest time:
4 people to
Procedure for the carrot gnocchi with asparagus:
- Wash and peel the carrots and potatoes. Slice and boil them or steam them. Extend cooking for about 20 minutes, or in any case until the vegetables are very soft. For the home preparation of gnocchi it is useful to have one available masher it's a masher.
- Pass the cooked vegetables through a vegetable mill (useful for carrots) or a potato masher, collecting everything in a bowl. If necessary, mash further with a fork and mix to get one homogeneous puree. Then gradually add the flour and work the mixture with your hands.
- La amount of flour necessary for the preparation of gnocchi may vary slightly according to the absorption capacity of potatoes and carrots and according to the type chosen between 0 and wholemeal flour. The dough must still remain rather soft, to avoid getting sticky gnocchi.
- Remove some pieces of dough with your hands and form the classic snakes. Divide them with a knife or a pastry cutter to form your gnocchi. Decorate them with a fork, with the special striped tool or using the texture of the grater. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Season the cooking water with coarse salt. Adjust as with the classic pasta for the amount of salt. Pour part of the gnocchi into the pot and mix gently. They are enough a few minutes to complete cooking. Collect the gnocchi and drain them with a slotted spoon when they come to the surface.
- For the dressing, wash, peel and chop a bunch of asparagus. Plan to use at least 2 or 3 asparagus per dish. Sauté the asparagus already sliced in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the gnocchi on the plates. Season with sautéed asparagus and extra virgin olive oil. If you want, enrich the sauce with tomato sauce, with a few leaves of sage or with chopped almonds.
You may also be interested:
- POTATO GNOCCHI: 10 RECIPES TO SEASON THEM
- SEMOLINO GNOCCHI WITH TURMERIC
- STARELLED AND GLUTEN-FREE ROMAN GNOCCHI
- PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS