Caramelized figs: the perfect recipe to prepare a delicious preserve to enjoy figs all year round
Caramelized figs, here is the recipe to prepare a homemade preserve of peasant origins, delicious and easy to prepare to enjoy these delicious summer fruits even in the winter season.
Figs can be served at breakfast, as a snack and even at the end of a meal, an excellent alternative to jam and also perfect to be used in the decoration of various types of desserts.
An extremely simple preparation, you just need to cook the figs with spiced caramel, thanks to the addition of cinnamon, lemon zest and apple vinegar, and then they must be immediately placed in jars sanitized with the addition of a little. of rum.
Read also: Homemade fig jam: the recipe without added sugar
- 300 gr of fichi
- 60 grams of raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- lemon peel to taste
- 60 ml of water
- rum to taste
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar acidity 5%
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 1 jar of caramelized figs
How to prepare caramelized figs: procedure
- Wash the figs without breaking the peel, then dry them with an unwashed kitchen towel with fabric softener,
- Put them in a pan with a thick bottom and not too wide and add the sugar and cinnamon,
- Pour in the water and vinegar and place on the stove.
- Cook over very low heat for about two hours or in any case until the caramel is ready, taking care to move the pot very often to prevent the figs from sticking.
- Once ready, put them in jars immediately and add a little rum, then close with the cap and turn the jar upside down until completely cooled to make the vacuum seal.
How to store caramelized figs:
The caramelized figs, once ready, must be consumed within three months and, like all preserves, must be protected from sunlight, once opened, they must be consumed immediately, so it is advisable to prepare many small portions.
Follow us on Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | TikTok | Youtube
Read all our articles on preserves, jams and marmalades:
- Sugar-free watermelon jam
- Homemade melon jam
- Datterini tomato jam without refined sugar
- Cherries' jam
- 5 ways to store tomatoes and enjoy them all year round