Bulgur meatballs, the vegetarian recipe to prepare a tasty main course to be served both hot and cold.
Le bulgur meatballs I'm a prescription fast and easy to prepare vegetarian based on bulgur and potatoes without eggs that can be served as a second course accompanied by seasonal vegetables, or included in the courses of a cold buffet.
To be cooked in the oven, or if you prefer to fry in boiling oil, bulgur meatballs have a soft and compact consistency. For those who follow a vegan diet it is possible to replace the parmesan without animal rennet with flake yeast.
- 250 gr of bulgur
- 400 grams of yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 20 gr of vegetarian parmesan
- 500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- curcuma in the soil qb
- dried thyme to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste or 1 L of sunflower oil
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
Procedure for the bulgur meatballs:
- folders the bulgur and in the meantime bring the water to a boil, turn off the heat, add the bulgur and cover with a lid,
- after fifteen / twenty minutes the bulgur will have absorbed all the water e
- transfer it then in a large bowl.
- lavare and now peel the potatoes, put them in a pan, cover them with water and cook them until they are easily skewered with a fork,
- cooking drain them, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Unire the potatoes with the bulgur and add the parmesan (or flaky yeast), turmeric, salt and thyme,
- knead everything and with your hands moistened with water form the meatballs,
- fry them in boiling oil or line a pan with parchment paper,
- ungerla with oil, arrange the meatballs inside and sprinkle them on the surface with more extra virgin olive oil,
- bake in a hot oven at 200 ° and cook for about 10 minutes, then pass under the grill for another ten minutes.
- Cooking when finished, take out and serve the bulgur meatballs both hot and at room temperature.
You may be interested in other recipes with bulgur or other vegetarian meatball recipes.