Bread and rocket meatballs, the vegetarian recipe to recycle stale bread in a quick and tasty way
Le meatballs of bread and rocket I'm a vegetarian recipe simple and fast with which to reuse stale bread and make young and old happy. To be served as a second course paired with seasonal vegetables, the bread and rocket meatballs can be prepared in advance and served with aperitifs or eaten, for example, during the working lunch break.
Bread and rocket meatballs are easily prepared, among the ingredients there are no eggs and if you follow a vegan diet, you can safely use flake yeast instead of vegetarian parmesan.
- 250 grams of stale bread
- 1 bunch of rocket (116 g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 gr of vegetarian parmesan
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
How to prepare the bread and rocket meatballs: process
- To put the bread in a bowl full of water and wait for it to absorb it, then squeeze and crumble it by placing it in a large bowl,
- compromising the roots if present and carefully wash the rocket by soaking it in water and bicarbonate, then rinse thoroughly and dab with a clean cloth.
- To peel garlic and finely chop it,
- threshing finely also the rocket and add it to the bowl containing the crumbled bread,
- add also vegetarian parmesan, oil and garlic
- and knead mixing everything.
- Lining now a baking tray with parchment paper,
- With the hands moistened with water, take a little of the dough and form the meatballs,
- arrange them neatly in the pan, taking care to space them a little apart,
- continue so until the compound is finished,
- sprinkle the surface of the meatballs with additional oil e
- cook in a hot oven in grill mode for about thirty minutes or in any case until completely browned.
- Cooking when finished, bake immediately,
- the meatballs of bread and rocket can be served both warm and at room temperature.
If the bread and rocket meatballs are left over, they can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days as long as they are placed in special airtight containers.
You may be interested in other recipes of vegetable meatballs, meatballs for children or other recipes with rocket.