As temperatures rise, typical of the summer months, it is necessary to adjust the temperature of the refrigerator to store foodHe is about to end up run over, his mother saves him
As temperatures rise, typical of the summer months, you should also keep an eye on the refrigerator. Here are the precautions to take to prevent food from deteriorating, reducing food and energy waste
Keeping foods properly refrigerated, at the right refrigerator temperature, helps them last longer and stay fresher. That is why it is important to adjust the temperature of the refrigerator to the season.
Varieties of fruit and vegetables increase, even fresh foods, from rice salads to cold pasta, are more common in the summer. And our fridge fills up. Meanwhile, the temperature of our home rises more and more than in previous months. What to do then?
Pay attention to the temperature of the fridge
The first thing to do is to check the temperature of our refrigerator. The indication is to increase the cooling level during the summer season. For those who have the ability to view the degrees, just reduce the temperature by one degree during the summer months.
This is also confirmed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) according to which the recommended temperature of the refrigerator must be below 40 ° F, or 4 ° C even if in reality the ideal one varies from 1,7 to 3,3 ° C. This temperature range is as close to freezing as possible without causing the food to freeze. It is also the maximum that the refrigerator temperature should reach. Beyond that threshold, bacteria start multiplying rapidly and food may spoil sooner.
Some tips to keep our refrigerator "fresh"
To help it maintain the ideal temperature, some precautions can be followed which are schematically indicated below:
- Let the food cool before putting it in the fridge
- Store bikes covered
- Check the door seals to avoid dispersion of cold air
- Avoid opening the fridge too often. Whenever we do this, the cold air comes out letting hot air in. This weighs heavily on the efficiency of the fridge and on our electricity bill.
- Avoid overfilling the fridge.
- Do not leave the refrigerator open, it takes 8 seconds to disperse all the cold air (wasting energy and money)
- How to clean and defrost the refrigerator
- How to properly store food in the fridge