Baked Jerusalem artichoke, the step by step recipe to prepare it tasty and crunchy
Baked Jerusalem artichoke, here she is prescription to prepare a tasty and healthy side dish. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, this one vegan dish it is a perfect alternative side dish to the classic fried potatoes.
The preparation of the Jerusalem artichoke in the oven is very simple, but before cooking it it is advisable to blanch it in boiling water to make it more crunchy and appetizing. Its delicate taste recalls the flavor of the artichokes in this recipe we advise you to spice it with some paprika smoked for enhance its taste and limit the use of salt to season it.
- 1 Kg in topinambur
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
- Pillar the Jerusalem artichoke and put it in water and lemon to prevent it from oxidizing and therefore changing color,
- cut it into cubes of equal size and boil it in boiling water for one minute,
- then drain it, put it in a large bowl and season with the oil, salt and paprika and mix everything together.
- Lining now the drip pan with parchment paper, grease it and put the Jerusalem artichoke inside,
- bake and bake in a hot oven at 200 ° for about half an hour,
- during cooking mix the Jerusalem artichoke to obtain a homogeneous cooking.
- Cooking when finished, take out and serve the Jerusalem artichoke both hot and at room temperature.
Should it be left over, it is possible to keep the Jerusalem artichoke baked in the refrigerator for a couple of days by placing it in airtight containers.
You may also be interested in other recipes with Jerusalem artichoke or other seasonal side dish recipes.