Are you looking for a recipe to cook a healthy and good dish, nutritious and rich in fiber? Here's what's right for you! After having proposed some delicious ways to cook chestnuts and the special Etruscan soup of Tuscia, we present a new soup made with chestnuts, chickpeas and pumpkin; a single dish, rich in carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins, which combines strong and delicate flavors at the same time. Ideal for an autumn dinner to be enjoyed in complete relaxation.
You were looking for a recipe for cooking a healthy and good dish, nutritious and high in fiber? Here's what's right for you! After having proposed some delicious ways to cook chestnuts and the special Etruscan soup of Tuscia, we present you a new soup made with chestnuts, chickpeas and pumpkin; a single dish, rich in carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins, which combines strong and delicate flavors at the same time. Also ideal for vegans for a autumn dinner to be enjoyed in complete relaxation.
- 300 g of chestnuts
- 300 g of chickpeas (to soak for 8h)
- 300 g of pumpkin
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- half white onion
- a stalk of celery
- a carrot
- extra virgin olive oil
- organic white wine
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
4 people to
- Let's start by cooking the chestnuts: remove the first peel and make them cook in abundant boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. Once this is done, remove the skin by peeling a few chestnuts at a time and leaving the others in the hot water.
- Once completely peeled, leave them to rest in an earthenware bowl.
- Then clean the pumpkin and cut it in very large slices, clean the onion and chop it into very fine strips, peel thegarlic and do a mince with carrot and celery.
- Put extra virgin olive oil in the pressure cooker, let it heat up and when it starts to fry pour in the mixture of herbs and blend with a little white wine.
- At this point you can add the boiled chestnuts, the peeled and cut pumpkin and the chickpeas (with all the water in which you left them to soak for one night).
- Now you just have to add a few pinch of salt, pepper, bay leaves, sprigs of rosemary
Before closing the pressure cooker to start cooking, make sure the water level slightly covers all your ingredients. This will ensure your soup has an excellent consistency.
Let it cook for about half an hour from the beginning of the hiss of the pot, then mix everything in the blender and let it cool slightly in order to enjoy it hot but not boiling!
Once served on the table, on the plate add just a drizzle of raw oil.
And as always, enjoy your meal!