Aubergine flan: the traditional Tuscan recipe to prepare a soft and velvety vegetarian second course
Flan Eggplant, prescription inspired by the Tuscan tradition of a light and tasty vegetarian second course to be served on raw tomato pulp.
Also perfect as an appetizer, this flan of Maremma origin, enriched with zucchini and peppers is strictly cooked in a bain-marie to obtain a soft and light consistency. The pepper and courgette peel give the flan a little color and a note of freshness to the sweet flavor of the aubergine.
The aubergine flan can be served warm or at room temperature, and you can accompany it, for example, with croutons of stale bread.
- Eggplant 2
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- pomodori qb
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
5 / 10 minutes
per 7 flan
medium / low
How to prepare the aubergine flan: procedure
- Grease the cups.
- lavare the aubergines, divide them in half and cut the pulp, salt them on the surface and let them rest for fifteen minutes, then rinse and dry them and
- arrange them in a pan lined with parchment paper,
- sprinkle them with a drizzle of oil and cook them in a warm oven at 200 ° for about half an hour,
- cooking when finished taking them out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Empty them and put the pulp in a food processor,
- to wash the courgettes and peel them, and add only the peel in the robot together with the washed and dried basil,
- to wash the peppers, and clean them by cutting the stalk and removing the seeds and white filaments placed inside, cut them into small pieces and put them in the mixer,
- add also the shelled eggs, salt and pepper possibly chopped at the moment,
- To fill with the aubergine mixture the cups and put them in a pan, then pour two fingers of water into it
- bake in a hot oven and bake at 160 ° for thirty-five minutes,
- cooking when finished, remove from the oven and let the flans rest on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Meantime wash the tomatoes and pass them through a vegetable mill, collect the puree in a bowl,
- reverse gently the flan in a saucer or on an oiled scoop,
- Than we Serve and serve.
You might be interested in others as well
- recipes with eggplant
- main courses with aubergines
- recipes of vegetable casseroles