How to prepare almond milk cream, a fresh spoon dessert that can also be used to fill cakes and desserts as an alternative to custard. The step by step recipe
How to prepare the almond milk cream, a fresh spoon dessert that can also be used to fill cakes and desserts as an alternative to custard.
La almond milk cream is an exquisite pastry preparation. Fresh and delicious, almond milk cream is perfect to be enjoyed as pudding, but it also lends itself well as filling of cakes and sweets.
Based on cornstarch, sugar cane e almond milk, this spoon dessert is gluten free, lactose-free, without eggs and is therefore a vegan dessert; it can also be consumed by those with allergies or intolerances to these foods; or, quite simply, by those who want to experiment with new preparations and new flavors. In view of the costume test then this cream is ideal, the calories are in fact lower than a classic custard. Also for lovers of self-production it is possible to prepare this recipe with homemade almond milk.
La preparation of almond milk cream it is really very simple and can be prepared even a day in advance. Its texture is very similar to a pudding and its own flavor is delicate and refreshing.
In addition to serving it as a spoon dessert, the almond milk cream can be used to fill cakes or even to fill small tartlets of shortcrust pastry.
- 500 ml of almond milk
- 40 grams of corn starch
- 5o gr of brown sugar
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- Rest time:
for 4 people
How to prepare the almond milk cream:
- Heat up almond milk for a few minutes without reaching the boiling point,
in the meantime, combine the sugar and corn starch in a large pot with a thick bottom and mix them together.
- To pour the milk a little at a time and at the same time mix with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
- Leek now the pot on the stove and cook over low heat until the cream thickens,
during cooking you will have to stir constantly to prevent the cream from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the almond milk cream will be ready, transfer it to a bowl and cover it immediately with food film in contact to prevent a crust from forming on the surface,
- let it cool down the almond milk cream before serving or using it for any fillings. Alternatively, you can try putting it in the freezer for a tasty sorbet.
How to preserve the almond milk cream:The almond milk cream can be stored in the refrigerator in special airtight containers and must be consumed within a couple of days.