Research has shown that beta-carotene could increase the risk of lung and stomach cancerDon't store avocado like this: it's dangerous
Research has shown that beta-carotene could increase the risk of lung and stomach cancer
Il beta-carotene, which helps to fortify the body with vitamins, minerals and nutrients, is taken daily by millions of people around the world. But an excess of integration could be highly harmful to the well-being of our organism. (Read also: What can happen to your body if you take multivitamin supplements every day)
A systematic review
According to a review, published in the American Society of Clinical Oncology, found that a excess of beta-carotene supplements can increase the risk of developing both lung and stomach cancer.
The study analyzed approximately 29.000 male smokers, and found a 18% increase in lung cancer in the group receiving 20 mg of beta-carotene per day for 5-8 years. So, if you decide to take beta-carotene supplements, it is important not to take too many as they could be harmful; It is advisable not to take more than 7 mg of beta-carotene supplements per day, unless advised by a doctor. Also, this supplement is not recommended for people who smoke or who have been exposed to asbestos.
How to reduce the risk of cancer
Making a few simple changes to your lifestyle can significantly reduce the risk of developing cancer. The first thing is to quit smoking to protect yourself and your family; remember that even the passive smoking it is harmful and harmful to our health. Eat a healthy and balanced diet, full of all the nutrients your body needs, and don't forget the 5 daily portions of fruit and vegetables. Last but not least, it is to have an active lifestyle and to practice physical activity constantly.
Photos: American Society of Clinical Oncology
on supplements could it be interesting for you:
- Prostate cancer: Too many selenium and vitamin E supplements would increase the risk
- Vitamin C Supplements: Don't Overuse It! Two signs you should watch out for to avoid overdose toxicity
- Supplements: Beware of this popular mineral, it can increase the risk of prostate cancer if taken in excess
- Zinc supplements effective in reducing the symptoms and duration of respiratory infections. I study
Sul cancer could it be interesting for you:
- The main causes of breast cancer you should know about
- Smoking: so vaping changes the DNA and increases the risk of cancer just like cigarettes
- Scientists reveal the age by which you should quit smoking to drastically reduce your chances of dying from cancer
- Don't underestimate bone pain, especially at night. It can be a symptom of bone cancer, according to the Airc